Honor cords are earned by students who have demonstrated strong interest and dedication to CSHP-Pacific. The 2013-2014 board members carefully discussed these requirements at length to ensure fairness and that the requirements are very clearly spelled out so as to avoid any confusion or misinterpretation. Honor cord credit will only be given to students while they are members. To clarify, a student cannot receive CSHP-Pacific Honor Cord credit when he/she is not a member.
To earn an Honor Cord from CSHP-Pacific, a member:
1. Must be a graduating student of Thomas J. Long School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences.
2. Must be a member of CSHP-Pacific for a minimum of 3 years of his/her academic career at Thomas J. Long School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences.
3. Must attend 1 Major CSHP or ASHP Meeting during his/her first, second, or third year (for example, CSHP Seminar, ASHP Midyear, etc.). A member must provide proof of registration with his/her name tag. Only name tags will be accepted to receive Honor Cord credit. Members must submit name tags to a board member within 2 weeks upon returning to school after the Major Meeting. For example, after CSHP Seminar, a member has 2 weeks to submit his/her name tag. After ASHP Midyear, which is usually at the beginning of Winter Break, a student has 2 weeks after the Winter semester begins to submit his/her name tag. 3rd Year members on rotations must mail their nametags to CSHP-Pacific to receive credit.
4. Must attend a total of 6 General CSHP-Pacific Meetings. A student member must sign in at each meeting.
5. Must participate in a total of 6 CSHP-Pacific events during his/her first and second years (excluding General Meetings. For example, symposiums, health fairs, etc.). A student member must sign in at each event. If 0 events are completed during a student member's first year, then he/she may complete the 6 events during his/her second year. CE events count for credit, but social events (Boomers, etc.) do not count for credit.